How to Delete Duplicate Items in Outlook
5.0 / 5.0 (1 votes)
Use the following steps to duplicate items:
- In Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2002, point to Current View on the View menu, and then click to change the folder view to a table type view. In Outlook 2003, point to Arrange By on the View menu, point to Current View, and then click to change the folder view to a table type view.
For example, use the following view and field combinations:
Collapse this tableExpand this table
- Right-click a column heading, and then click Field Chooser.
- From the list at the top of the Field Chooser, click to select the All <item name> fields.
- Drag the Modified field to the table heading.
- Verify that the duplicate items have a unique date from the original set of items. If it is unique, click the Modified heading so that the items are sorted by this field.
- Click the first item in the set that you want to delete, scroll to the last item in the set that you want to delete, and then click the last item while you hold down the SHIFT key.
- Press DELETE to permanently delete all selected items.